SPONSOR: Paula’s Choice, 705 5th Avenue, S #200, Seattle, WA 98104 (the “Sponsor”)
INDEPENDENT ADMINISTRATOR: National Sweepstakes Company, LLC, 1143 East Union St, Newark, NY 14513 (the “Independent Administrator”)
These are the terms and conditions (the “Official Rules”) that govern the relationship between Entrants (defined in rule 3) and the Sponsor in respect of this Sweepstakes. These Official Rules can be found at [pcskin.care/termsandconditions] (the "Website"). By entering this Sweepstakes, each Entrant confirms that it has legal capacity to enter this Sweepstakes and indicates its full and unconditional agreement to comply with, abide by and accept these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or Independent Administrator.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with TikTok. You understand that you are supplying your information to the Sponsor and not to TikTok. Dr. Shah is not a sponsor of this Sweepstakes.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- DATES OF SWEEPSTAKES: The Sweepstakes begins at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time (“PDT”) (5:00pm BST) on October 18, 2021 and ends at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time ("PST") on November 19, 2021 (7:59 GMT on November 20, 2021) (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Entries received outside of the Sweepstakes Period, and not in accordance herewith, will be disqualified. TikTok’s date and time stamp will be the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes. Please visit http://www.worldtimeserver.com/ or other world time database to determine local time.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to permanent legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (collectively, the “US”) and the United Kingdom (the “UK”) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older (or the age of majority in their respective jurisdiction of residence) and who have internet access, a valid and active email account, and a valid and active TikTok account at the time of entry (each, an “Entrant”, also referred as “you” and “your(s)”). US ONLY: The Entrants who are selected as the potential grand prize winners (each, a “Grand Prize Winner”) must have a unique, personal and valid social security number for Sponsor to report the tax liability associated with acceptance of the grand prize (“Grand Prize”). Valid social security numbers will be determined by Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”) requirements as further defined under rule 8. ALL ENTRANTS: Employees and their immediate family members (parents, children, siblings or spouse, regardless of where they live, or persons living in the same household, whether related or not) of Sponsor and each of their parent company, divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies, and any others engaged in the development, production, execution or distribution of this Sweepstakes, including but not limited to the Independent Administrator and the entities supplying the prizes herein (all of the aforementioned collectively referred to as the “Sweepstakes Entities”), are not eligible to partici The Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and/or local laws and regulations and is void outside the fifty (50) US and the District of Columbia, the UK and where prohibited or restricted by law. By entering the Sweepstakes, you confirm that you have legal capacity to enter the Sweepstakes (i.e. that you are of sufficient age and mental capacity and are entitled to be legally bound in contract).
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Independent Administrator, which are final and binding. Eligibility to win the Grand Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules in a timely manner.
- HOW TO PARTICIPATE: In order to participate in the Sweepstakes, Entrant must be a registered TikTok user. To become a registered user, visit www.tiktok.com and follow the instructions prior to entering this Sweepstakes. Entrant’s TikTok profile settings must be set to “public” in order to be viewable by the Sponsor. If the Entrant’s account is not set to “public”, the Sponsor may not be able to verify the entry and the Entrant may not be eligible to win. Entrants may not use multiple TikTok accounts to enter.
In order to be eligible for the chance to win Entrants must use the “Stitch” feature within TikTok as follows:
- Visit Dr. Shah (@dermdoctor) on TikTok, locate the video you would like to “Stitch” and tap the “Share” icon;
- After the video processes, use the tools provided within the TikTok application (“App”) to cut out five (5) seconds of the @dermdoctor’s video (the "Sample") to use in an original video created by you (“Your Video”);
- Once the App has taken you to TikTok’s recording screen, record the rest of Your Video by sharing a skin care lesson you wish you would’ve learned sooner;
- Then, tap the “Checkmark” icon and, when prompted, tap ”Next”;
- Add a title to Your Video and use the hashtag #beautybeginswithtruth (the “Hashtag”) and click “Post” to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
IMPORTANT: WHILE YOU ARE REQUIRED TO POST A TIKTOK VIDEO EXACTLY AS OUTLINED ABOVE, YOUR VIDEO WILL NOT BE JUDGED BY THE SPONSOR . THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER WILL BE SELECTED AT RANDOM BASED ON THE NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED AS OUTLINED IN RULE 7.
Upon completing all of the above tasks, Entrants will earn one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit of one (1) entry per Entrant. Any attempt by an Entrant to enter more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, social media handles, identities, and/or any other methods, will void all of that Entrant’s entries.
Entrant understands and agrees that the Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any entry that is lost, late, misdirected, inaccessible, unviewable or undeliverable, whether due to; (a) system errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays, theft or destruction; (b) failed, faulty, incomplete or garbled computer or telephone transmissions or other telecommunication malfunctions, hardware or software errors of any kind; (c) lost or unavailable network connections, typographical or system errors and failures, technical malfunctions, or otherwise. Each entry will be reviewed and approved by the Sponsor and may be disqualified if not submitted in accordance with these Official Rules. Sponsor/Independent Administrator reserve the right to disqualify an entry it feels is inappropriate in any way. Late entries or entries sent via any other method than those stated above will not be accepted. Should any entry violate these restrictions, such entry will be disqualified and will not be eligible to win. In such event, Sponsor and Independent Administrator further reserve the right to take any necessary actions so as to protect their respective legal rights.
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS/RESTRICTIONS: Entrant represents and warrant that, to the best of their knowledge and belief, the contents of the video submitted; (a) are complete, true and correct; (b) with the exception of the Sample, are the original work of the Entrant and not copied from another person or entity; (c) have not previously won a contest or other promotion with Sponsor within six (6) months of the start of this Sweepstakes; and (d) have not been used for other third party contests or promotions. Entrant also represents and warrants that Entrant has the right to make it available to Sponsor for all purposes of the Sweepstakes without any time or territorial limit and shall on request of the Sponsor, supply copies of all such necessary consents, permissions, confirmations and releases.
Videos, including their title: (a) containing general obscene, lewd, crude, vulgar, profane, defamatory or inappropriate text, including acts of violence or acts that appear to cause harm; (b) containing other offensive content and/or any content that is explicit, graphic or otherwise indecent or that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable, or offensive; (c) that are derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; (d) promoting alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms or weapons, activities that appear unsafe or dangerous or a particular political agenda or message; (e) containing and displaying third-party brands prominently and intentionally, or any materials that violate or infringe (or may infringe) any copyright (including, without limitation, music or artistic work), trademark, logo, or other mark that identifies a brand, entity or other proprietary right of any person living or deceased, including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light; and/or (f) otherwise violating these Official Rules, all as determined by Sponsor/Independent Administrator, in their sole discretion, shall be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor/Independent Administrator reserve the right to disqualify an entry it feels is inappropriate in any way. Late entries or entries sent via any other method than those stated above will not be accepted. To the best of Entrant’s knowledge and belief, its entry is truthful. Entrant further agrees and warrants that he/she shall not enter any video that is known by the Entrant to: (a) be false, inaccurate, or misleading; (b) infringe on any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy; (c) violate any law, statute, ordinance, or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination, or false advertising); and (d) be or may reasonably be considered to be defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership, or corporation. Should any video violate these restrictions, such video will be disqualified and will not be eligible to win. In such event, Sponsor and Independent Administrator further reserve the right to take any necessary actions so as to protect their respective legal rights.
Video (excluding the Sample) must not have been previously published, must not be awaiting publication, nor may be submitted for publication consideration during the Sweepstakes. Videos not meeting the requirements as set forth in these Official Rules or that contain prohibited, inappropriate, or irrelevant content, as determined by Sponsor and/or Independent Administrator in its sole discretion, will not be eligible and will be disqualified.
By entering a video, Entrant consents to have the Entrant’s video made available for public viewing and/or comment on the Internet. By participating, Entrant agrees that their video may be shared on the Sponsor’s website, and social media channels operated by the Sponsor. However, such posting of a video does not constitute any representation or guarantee by Sponsor that any video will be selected as a Grand Prize Winner in the Sweepstakes, or that the Entrant addressed in such video has won a prize in the Sweepstakes; see below for an explanation of the procedure by which the Grand Prize Winner will be selected pursuant to this Sweepstakes.
THE CONTENT OF THE VIDEOS REPRESENT THE VIEWS AND OPINIONS OF SOLELY THE ENTRANT WHO HAS PROVIDED THE SUBMISSION AND DOES NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS AND/OR OPINIONS OF THE SPONSOR OR INDEPENDENT ADMINISTRATOR IN ANY MANNER. SPONSOR AND INDEPENDENT ADMINISTRATOR EACH DISCLAIM ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR SCREENING, MONITORING OR REVIEWING VIDEOS PRIOR TO POSTING OF SAME.
- WINNING/NOTIFICATION: On or about November 23, 2021, five (5) Grand Prize Winners will be selected from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The random drawing will take place at the offices of the Sponsor. The random drawing will be conducted by the Sponsor under the supervision of an independent judge. The Sponsor's decisions are based upon their sole discretion and interpretation of these Official Rules and are final and binding in all respects. The Content of any Video submitted has no bearing on the determination of the Grand Prize Winners, which shall be determined solely at random as described herein. Odds of being selected as a Grand Prize Winner are dependent upon the total number of entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
Each potential Grand Prize Winner will be notified by the Sponsor via his/her TikTok account within one (1) to three (3) business days from the date in which the random drawing takes place. Each potential Grand Prize winner will be required to supply his/her email address and shipping address for delivery of the Grand Prize. In addition, if a Grand Prize Winner is a US resident, he/she will also be required to complete the prize claims and verification process as further described in rule 8 below. Sponsor will only make two (2) attempts to reach a potential Grand Prize Winner via TikTok within a seventy-two (72) hour timeframe. In the event the Sponsor cannot reach a potential Grand Prize Winner after two (2) attempts have been made, the original potential Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Grand Prize Winner (selected at random from among the remaining non-winning eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period) will be notified until five (5) Grand Prize Winners are confirmed. In the event a potential Grand Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor/Independent Administrator shall have no liability or obligation to such individual.
The Grand Prizes will be shipped within four (4) weeks or less from the date in which the Grand Prize Winners are verified. The names of the Grand Prize Winners may also be posted on Sponsor’s website and/or social media channels.
- PRIZE CLAIMS (US Residents Only): Except where prohibited, each potential Grand Prize Winner will be required to complete, execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (the “Release”) and an IRS Form W-9 (“W-9 Form”) and any other documents required by Sponsor (collectively, the “Required Documents”) within seven (7) days or less from receipt of Notification from the Sponsor by email. If a potential Grand Prize Winner fails to return the Required Documents within the time-period required, or if the email is returned as undeliverable, such potential Grand Prize Winner forfeits his/her right to the respective prize and an alternate will be notified as outlined in the rule 7 above, even if the disqualified potential Grand Prize Winner’s name may have been publicly announced. A US resident Grand Prize Winner must report income to the IRS. In the event it is deemed during the verification process that the potential Grand Prize Winner does not have a unique, personal and valid social security number for Sponsor to report the tax liability associated with acceptance of the respective prize, such potential Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified, and an alternate will be notified as outlined above. Valid social security numbers will be determined by IRS requirements. If it is determined by the Sponsor/Independent Administrator, in their sole discretion, that a potential Grand Prize Winner is not eligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, the potential Grand Prize Winner forfeits his/her right to the respective prize and an alternate will be notified as outlined in rule 7 above, even if the disqualified potential Grand Prize Winner’s name may have been publicly announced
- GRAND PRIZE: There will be five (5) Grand Prizes awarded in this Sweepstakes. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Grand Prize is $1,600 USD. The total ARV of all Grand Prizes will be $8,000 USD. Each Grand Prize Winner will receive; (a) $1,000 USD (or £750 in the case of a UK Grand Prize Winner) cash awarded to the Grand Prize Winner in the form of a check in USD (or GBP in the case of a UK Grand Prize Winner); and (b) a twelve (12) month supply of Paula’s Choice products (selected and determined at the sole discretion of the Sponsor), having an ARV of $600 USD. No more than five (5) Grand Prizes will be awarded. For US Entrant Grand Prize Winners: Any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winners. The Grand Prizes consist of the items listed herein. Sponsor makes no representations or warranties with respect to the potential benefits or outcomes to the Grand Prize Winner with respect to the items included as part of the Grand Prize.
Grand Prize Winner may not assign or transfer the Grand Prize to another person. No prize substitution, exchanges, redemptions, transfers or changes are allowed, except at the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor. Non-cash prizes cannot be substituted or redeemed for cash. All elements of the Grand Prize are subject to availability and subject to change. If any portion of the Grand Prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of Sponsor, a substitute prize may be awarded; provided, however, that if prize elements are awarded but unclaimed/forfeited by the Grand Prize Winner, such prize may not be re-awarded, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. All taxes, fees and surcharges related to any part of the Grand Prize, if any, are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner, and may be subject to applicable withholding
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual or entity it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The failure of Sponsor/Independent Administrator to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of Sponsor/Independent Administrator, or other “force majeure” event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules. In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules, or (b) cancel the Sweepstakes and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, award the Grand Prize to Entrants from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment based upon the “Winning/Notification” section of these Official Rules. Sponsor’s/Independent Administrator’s failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The Released Parties (defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, undeliverable or incomplete entries, whether due to system errors or failures, faulty transmissions or other telecommunication malfunctions, entries received resulting from any hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or telephone transmissions, typographical or system errors and failures, technical malfunctions in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the random selection of winners, the announcement of the winners, or in any other Sweepstakes-related materials. In the event of a dispute regarding who entered an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder (defined below) of the social media account provided at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the social media account, online service provider, or other organization (g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address or the natural person who is assigned to the social media account. An Entrant may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the Entrant is the Authorized Account Holder of the email address or social media account associated with the entry. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK ANY AND ALL REMEDIES AVAILABLE FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. THE PRECEDING EXPRESSLY INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO ANY ATTEMPT TO TAMPER WITH OR MANIPULATE THE SWEEPSTAKES.
- RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any Prize (as applicable), including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries or votes; (e) any incorrect or inaccurate information; (f) inability to access Sponsor’s internet web site; (g) entries that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website; and/or (h) (subject to the below for the UK) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or Entrant’s receipt of any Prize or Sponsor’s use of entered entries and attributes, including, without limitation, claims for invasion of privacy, right of publicity, defamation, libel, or further consideration. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, Sponsor’s liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall Sponsor be liable for attorney’s fees. Except in the UK, where entrants shall retain their consumer rights and right to any action or damages in respect of Sponsor's liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, fraudulent misrepresentation and/or any other liability that cannot be excluded by law.
- NO LIABILITY: By participating, Entrants agree to release, discharge, indemnify, and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from and against any claims made by the winner, Entrants, or any other third parties, related in any way to the operation of this Sweepstakes as well as (subject to the below for the UK) any other claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes. Except in the UK, where entrants shall retain their consumer rights and right to any action or damages in respect of Sponsor's liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, fraudulent misrepresentation and/or any other liability that cannot be excluded by law.
- WINNER’S LIST REQUEST: To receive the name of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped (business size) envelope to: (US RESIDENTS) “Paula’s Choice Skin Care Truth Stitch Giveaway” Winner’s List Request, PO Box 458, Newark, NY 14513 or (UK RESIDENTS) “Paula’s Choice skin Care Truth Stitch Giveaway”, Paula’s Choice, Union House,5th Floor, 182-194 Union Street, 5th Floor, London, SE1 0LH, GB. Requests must be received by December 31, 2021.
This Sweepstakes shall not be published without the written permission of the Sponsor. TikTok and Dr. Shah are not sponsors of this Sweepstakes. Names, logos, and/or materials associated with prize descriptions are used for purposes of promotion and/or prize descriptions only and such use is not intended to suggest or imply sponsorship of this Sweepstakes.