We are so excited to announce that the third year of On the Rise is now open for applications! On the Rise is a yearlong paid influencer program designed to support and amplify the voices of Black content creators with under 30k followers and a desire to grow a community through goal-oriented and strategic content creation on social media We recognize the barriers that can exist for Black content creators, and this is one way that we’re looking to better support the Black creator community.
How to apply:
Head to our link in bio to fill out an application between now and August 8th Applicants that meet the criteria will be reviewed by the Paula's Choice team using a predetermined selection framework developed in collaboration with our DEI consultant, ReadySet. Participants will be announced the week of August 22nd.
What is the deadline for application?
The deadline to apply is August 8th, 2022.
How long does the program run for?
It runs for 1 year, from August 2022 to July 2023.
What will I receive from this program?
- Amplification via the Paula’s Choice social platforms including Instagram story takeovers, giveaway opportunities, and content reposted across the Paula’s Choice social platforms.
- Paid content partnership
- Travel opportunity for On The Rise group event.
- Access to Paula’s Choice University
- Group Instagram growth and content strategy coaching session with Mattie James, Lifestyle Influencer & Entrepreneur
- Early access to new product launches, unlimited product access and custom swag
- VIP affiliate program membership, including 15% starting commission and a custom community landing page on paulaschoice.com with 15% off for your audience
- Quarterly group masterclasses with guest hosts and Paula’s Choice experts on topics tailored to your needs and interests.
- Community-lead brainstorm sessions
- Calls with the Paula’s Choice team on goals, strategy and other areas of support as needed
- Skin consultation and full personalized routine
How will I know if I have been selected or not selected?
We will let you know via email if you have or have not been selected.
When will I be notified if I have been selected or not selected?
You will be notified the week of August 22nd 2022
How do I know my application has been received?
You will not receive an email but you will see a confirmation screen at the end of your application.
What are the eligibility requirements?
Applicants must be 18 years of age or older, identify as Black or African American, have 30k or less followers on your primary social media platform, located in the US or Canada, and have a desire to grow a community through goal-oriented and strategic content creation on social media.
What are the application questions?
Beyond the eligibility questions (outlined above), you will be required to answer the following six questions.
- Tell us why you started your social channel(s) and what motivates or inspires you to create content.
- Tell us what you are hoping to achieve with your social platforms for the next 12 months.
- How will this program help you with what you are hoping to achieve?
- Are there any specific areas that you would value support in from Paula’s Choice?
- Tell us about the content that you are most excited to produce.
- Is there anything else you’d like to share?
Why is the program limited to US and Canadian citizens?
The On the Rise Program is currently only open to US & Canadian citizens as it is operated by the North American Paula’s Choice team. Along with being unable to send products internationally, time zones are a major limitation as much of the program occurs live and is highly interactive. Please know that we are always thinking of ways to expand the reach of the On The Rise program.
What type of Influencers can apply?
We encourage individuals interested in growing their online community in the lifestyle, beauty and/or skincare category. to apply to the On The Rise Program.
Is there a maximum and minimum number of followers required?
There is no minimum follower requirement, however, the maximum is 30k on your primary social media platform.
How are applications being reviewed & evaluated?
Applications that meet eligibility criteria will be reviewed by the Paula’s Choice team using a predetermined selection framework. The framework is designed to ensure our selection process is thoughtful, inclusive and intersectional, in line with our values. Our criteria were developed in collaboration with our DEI consultant, ReadySet. The selection framework takes into account the compatibility of the applicants' goals to the program & alignment with our core values of community & education.
What is the content partnership fee?
The content partnership for this program is $4,000 for 4 pieces of content during the year-long program. There will be additional opportunities for up to 2 additional pieces of content in the second half of the program.
Can I save my application and come back to it?
There is no option to save your application so it must be completed in one go.
Do I have to have used or featured Paula's Choice products on my social platforms?
No, you don't have to have purchased, used or featured Paula’s Choice products on your social platforms to be eligible for this program.
I already have a partnership with Paula's Choice, can I still apply?
Yes, you can still apply for this program.
If I applied last year, can I apply again?
Yes, you can re-apply for this program.
If I do not get accepted to this program, are there other ways I can work with Paula’s Choice?
Yes! Outside of this program, we have content partnership opportunities all year. We also have an affiliate program that you can sign up for.