Which retinol product should I choose?
Retinol is an anti-aging superstar ingredient, and for good reason: It addresses multiple skin concerns including fine lines, wrinkles, uneven skin tone, loss of firmness, enlarged pores, and loss of radiance. Paula's Choice loves retinol and offers it in several products, each with different textures and amounts of retinol to meet the needs of our clients. Which amount of retinol you need depends on your concerns and how your skin responds to this ingredient. If you're new to retinol, begin with one of our low-strength (yet still highly effective) options:
Low-Strength Retinol Formulas:
· SKIN BALANCING Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum with Retinol-A silky, weightless serum best for combination to oily skin types. It contains several antioxidants as well as retinol at 0.03%.
· SKIN RECOVERY Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum with Retinol-Formulated for dry, dehydrated skin, this moisturizing serum is loaded with antioxidants, replenishing plant oils, and 0.01% retinol.
· RESIST Barrier Repair Moisturizer with Retinol- This lightweight cream combines 0.01% retinol with peptides, ceramides, and antioxidants. Best for normal to dry skin types, this formula is identical to our PC4MEN Nighttime Repair.
· RESIST Intensive Repair Cream with Retinol-A luxuriously rich cream for dry to very dry skin, it contains 0.01% retinol plus multiple peptides, replenishing ceramides, and skin-restoring ingredients.
Mid-Strength Retinol Formulas (for face and body):
· RESIST Intensive Wrinkle Repair Retinol Serum-A super-charged hydrating serum for all skin types, it combines 0.1% retinol with antioxidant vitamins C and E.
· RESIST Retinol Skin-Smoothing Body Treatment-blends buttery emollients, antioxidants, and 0.1% retinol in a light cream that improves the appearance of uneven skin tone and crepe-like texture on the chest, neck, and arms.
CLINICAL Ceramide-Enriched Firming Moisturizer-anti-aging moisturizer for all skintypes blends retinol, several forms of stabilized vitamin C, ceramides, and nourishing plant extracts that give a youthful bounce back to your skin. The amount of retinol 0.1% is considered a moderate amount of retinol that targets stubborn concerns like uneven skin tone, noticeable loss of firmness, and deep wrinkles.
High-Strength Retinol Formulas:
· CLINICAL 1% Retinol Treatment-A powerhouse dose of 1% retinol plus vitamin C, peptides, antioxidants, and plant-based skin soothers. This sheer lotion for all skin types addresses the look of stubborn signs of aging like deep wrinkles, loss of firmness, and markedly uneven skin tone.
· RESIST 1% Retinol Booster- A versatile 1% retinol concentrate that can be mixed with any moisturizer or used alone. This water-light booster addresses the same concerns as CLINICAL 1% Retinol Treatment, but in a more customizable, sheer formula for all skin types.
For further details on the various strengths of retinol and how they work, check out our article, Which Strength of Retinol Do I Need? And you're welcome to contact us if you need more personalized assistance choosing the best Paula's Choice products for you.